The mornings can get pretty fast-paced around the Davis household. Both my hubby and I work full-time jobs and have been busier and busier now that everyone’s post-holiday groove is back. As a lot of you know from my stories, I love making breakfast fresh but I also love easy meals for simple mornings so I pulled out one of my favorites – egg muffins. I love these because they are simple to make, super versatile (you can add whatever meats, veggies, or cheese that you want) and they are a great grab-and-go breakfast for when we don’t have time to take our time.
Here’s how I make them:
– 1lb of turkey sausage (can be replaced with other breakfast meats I did bacon a few weeks ago!)
– 1-2 cups of spinach
– 1/4 cup of shredded cheese (can add more or less depending on your preference)
– 8-9 eggs
– A splash of milk
– 1/4 cup of onion (optional)
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1/4 tsp onion powder
1. Sauté turkey sausage until done. Be sure not to cook too long. Sauté spinach for about 1 minute when the meat is almost done.
2. In a large bowl, mix eggs, seasonings, cheese, milk, onions, and a slightly cooled meat mixture.
3. Spoon egg mixture into a muffin pan about 3/4s of the way (if you’re using a metal pan, be sure to grease it very well.
4. Bake at 350F for 22-30 minutes until the eggs are no longer runny.
5. Dig in!
These are best enjoyed warm IMO, but many people like them cold too! I love that these refrigerate and freeze well – such a great high-protein breakfast to add to a meal prep. 🍳
What’s your favorite thing to eat on busy mornings?