This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
When I’m living as my highest self – I’m hydrated, I’m minding my business, I’m reading, I’m spending time with the Lord and my evening wind-down routine is on point. An evening routine is important for so many reasons – it signals to your body that it’s time to start settling for bed, provides stress relief after a long day, and acts as a form of self-care. I start my routine about 45 minutes to 1.5 hours before I get in bed. Here’s how it goes:
- Light a candle – French Cade Lavender is my favorite. It’s a refreshing take on lavender. It’s so calming and relaxing to me.
- Bathe – Whether I shower or take a bath, I love to make it a treat with smell-good shower gels and exfoliating scrubs. If I’m taking a bath, I love using natural bath bombs, Epson salts and/or adding bath oil to the water.
- Lather myself up with my favorite lotion or body butter. I’m a sucker for light, crisp rose-scented fragrances.
- Make a cup of tea. I love the Tulsi Sleep tea. It has a blend of chamomile and lavender without it being too overbearing. I’ve been using my Fellow kettle since I got it last year and I feel so fancy setting myself up with a cup of tea. *holds pinky up while drinking out my mug*
- After I finish my tea, I head upstairs to do my full skincare and dental hygiene routines.
- If I’m feeling fancy, I will spray pillows with pillow spray for extra relaxation.
- I always wrap up the evening by turning on my humidifier. I’ve been loving my Canopy humidifier which is great for skin and morning stuffiness.
I have a very wandering mind that tends to think, think and overthink some more. I find this routine very settling and helps me relax before bed so that I can have restful sleep. What’s apart of your wind-down routine?