A few months ago I visited Serena Pastificio for a Saturday lunch date with my husband. I fell in love with this lemony pasta (Linguine Alle Vongole) that we had. So naturally, I had to go home to attempt to create that taste. While searching online for inspiration, I stumbled across this recipe by The Recipe Critic on Pinterest. I tweaked it a little bit to make it my own. This was the perfect recipe to satisfy the craving that I had for pasta + lemon + garlic + seafood. We’ll definitely be making it again when we are craving pasta and want a home-cooked meal. For the most delicious results try it with fresh pasta and high-quality butter. You can also sub the shrimp for sauteed mushrooms or chicken and it would be just as good.
Check out this reel that I made of the recipe on Pinterest.
- In a large pot cook the pasta in boiling water according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Using the same pan, heat olive oil and 2 Tablespoons of butter. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant. Sometimes I will add a little heavy cream at this point if I would like it more creamy. If adding, let it sizzle with the butter and seasonings for 1-2 minutes until bubbly.
- Add the shrimp and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the shrimp start to turn pink. Add italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and spinach and cook until wilted.
- Add the pasta back to the pot with the remaining butter, parmesan, and parsley. Stir until mixed and butter is melted.
- Add the lemon juice before serving and serve while hot.